I have my Digital Electronics minor tomorrow. Other branches like Electronics have already had their exam. On popular demand I’m putting up the question papers to give other people an idea about the pattern of the paper.
III Semester Electronics and Communication Paper-
1. Encode the number in gray code
a) (996)H b) (53)6-2 marks
2. Add (8)10 and (9)10 in BCD and verify the result.-2 marks
3. Perform the operation by 1’s complement representation of 6 bit signed numbers
a) (-15) – (-8) b) (-9) + (-6) -3 marks
4. Design a 4 bit adder combinational circuit and implement the circuit by using LOGIC GATES. -3 marks
Update:Here’s the III Semester Information Technology paper-
Each question carries 2.5 marks
a)Conversions- (1010.11)2 to decimal; 37.05 to binary; (274) octal to binary; (1000)2 to octal; (206.4)8 to decimal; (2cd.a) hexadecimal to decimal; (b9d2) to binary.
b)Simplify the boolean function using k-map
f(a,b,c,d) = Σ (1,3,7,11,15)
d(a,b,c,d) = Σ (0,2,5)
a) Explain multiplexer in detail.
b) Application of the multiplexer?
3. Implement the following boolean expression
Y = a.b.c + a.b’.c’ + a’.b’.c + a’.b.c’
With minimum number of logic gates with two inputs.
4. Draw K-Map for the function-
Fa = ab + bd + abd
Fb = a’b + bd’
Hence derive K-Map for the function-
F1=Fa-Fb and F2=Fa+Fb
Simplify the function for F1 and F2 and give the resulting expression in SOP form.
I’ll put up the CSE paper as soon as it is over for future reference. Keep checking this page for updates. Use this easy to remember URL-http://tr.im/digielx or the short link written below to visit this page again.