My minors are almost over with just data structures to go. As I did with Digital Electronics, on popular demand, I’m putting up the Computer Science and Bio Informatics Data Structures question papers to get an idea of the type of questions you can expect and for future reference.
III Semester Computer Science Paper
Each part carries 2 marks
1.A Calculate the time complexity function for the following code.
Func (int n)
1.B Write an algorithm for finding minimum & maximum element among n elements stored in an array A. Calculate the frequency of execution of each statement.
2. A number is entered through keyboard. Write a program using array to find whether the number is even or odd. (Without using if-else, switch statement, loop or conditional operator).
3.A Explain with syntax how static and dynamic array are created in C programming language.
3.B Write a program to check the balanced parenthesis using stack.
III Semester Bio Informatics Paper- Note that Linked Lists are not a part of the IT syllabus for Minor 1
1. (a) What are primitive data structures? – 1.5 Marks
1. (b) Differentiate between static and dynamic storage with the help of an example.
2. Discuss the merits and demerits of binary search algorithm. Also write the algorithm for binary search in an array of 20 elements. -2 Marks
3. What do you mean by a two way list? Write an algorithm to insert a node in a two way list. -2 Marks
4.(a) What do you mean by a circular header list? Write an algorithm to search an item in a circular header link list. -2 Marks
4.(b) Explain overflow and underflow in a linked list. -1 Mark
Update: Here’s the III Semester Information Technology Paper
Each question carries 2 marks
1.A Calculate the time complexity function for the following code
Func (int n)
Func(sqrt(n)) + Func(sqrt(n));
1.B Write an algorithm that finds minimum & maximum element among n elements stored in an array A that uses O(log n) comparison.
2. Write an algorithm to implement multiple stack of variable size using single array of size n.
3.A Write a program to create an array dynamically. and then enter input to that dynamically created array & display them.
3.B Show stepwise how stack is used to solve recursive problem of factorial.